D3E Publisher's Toolkit v5.0
This version was developed by Malcolm Story M.W.Story@open.ac.uk building on earlier versions to which Mike Wright email@example.com also contributed.
See the User Guide for full details.
Next step likely to be merging with v4.1.1 Swing user interface and other features.
Main improvements to earlier versions
- pretty robust processing of Microsoft HTML (e.g. as exported from Word)
- lots of minor fixes to HTML parsing and citation parsing
- option to select HyperNews or Phorum as the discussion system
- predefinable, selectable Colour Schemes for publication colours and icons
- extensions to the template language to support flexible path name specifications depending on variables (such as the colour scheme)
- all files in input folder (eg. images; pdf versions) are copied to the output folder
- fixed input/output folders to ease novice users in creating new publications and articles. This ensures that the navigational icons are always in the right place (ie. relative path refs work).
Toolkit User Interface (v5.0)
The Publisher's Toolkit (currently a Java application for Windows) provides two forms to enter metadata for publications and documents. The forms, and look and feel of the generated websites can be tailored to your own requirements.
Specifying basic settings:
Entering document metadata: